Without beating around long, today's card features the same background paper that I've recently used in my red & white Christmas star, only this time it's a little more visible.
I've again used red shimmering yarn with white pearls and red rhinestones to add a little bling to the stitched pattern.
As the red is quite dominant, I needed something to place in the right upper corner of the card, but nothing came to mind.
A sentiment? Hmmm.
A sticker? No.
Whatever I tried just didn't seem to fit, so I put the card aside and kept wondering. Until...
Yesterday evening, I suddenly thought of butterflies! I decided to punch four of them to match the butterfly challenge, and decorated each with a tiny red gemstone.
A good solution after all?
I'm still not quite sure, but it's probably due to the butterflies that the red & white card loses a bit of its association with Christmas and can be used for other occasions, too. On the other hand, the white quartett doesn't interfer with Christmas either and will not be disturbing even if the card ends up wishing happy holidays.
- 613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist (A2, Christmas & birthday & encouragement & thinking of you & thank you, red & white)
- butterfly challenge: butterflies + Q for quadruple
- crafting from the heart: ATG
- crafty cardmakers: winter birthday
- crafty sentiments: ATG
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: things with wings
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- creative fingers: ATG
- deep ocean: white and one other colour (red)
- inspiration destination: ATG
- pennys papercraft: ATG
- wordartwednesday: ATG