05 November, 2015

For a man

Time to show one more of my recent stitched cards. As it's for a man, the design is rather simple and not many embellishments were used. 
In fact, I only added a golden sticker for the border and a golden number that is placed on an old-looking scroll. Matching to the golden details is a patterned background paper with silver and golden circles. Actually, it's wrapping paper that caught my eyes years ago in a way I had to buy it, but the things I wanted to do with it are still in my head. Time to use up, I guess :)
The idea behind the motif is that the card is meant for my calligraphy teacher, who is also a srciptor of old writings. That's the way I got to know him a couple of years ago, and he became a good friend in the meantime. Even though I'm spending much more time with his little not-so-little-anymore girl lately, birthdays are a good way of bringing people together every now and then. Here's to te next 50 years!

challenges: 
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- as you like it: favourite hobby (paper embroidery or stitching - since I discovered it, it became my most used and loved paper craft. There's something very calming in the process of stitching itslef, and with so many different patterns to try, it looks like I'll never stop)
- crafting from the heart: ATG
- crafts and me: autumn colours
- crafty gals corner: autumn hues
- craftliners: use something old (background paper)
- craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
- creative fingers: ATG
- fussy and fancy: flowers
- inspiration destination: ATG
- abc challenge: U for unlimited (ATG)
- glitternsparkle: ATG
- papertake weekly: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- wordartwednesday: ATG
- use your stuff: old stash (background paper)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card design with wonderful details . I particularly love the scroll . Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy blog Jo X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and such a fantastic design. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. By stitched card thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining our challenge at Craftliners.
    Hugs Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! Great embroidery and design. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fantastic. Lovely pattern and great colours.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you please email me re your DT applications for Ooh La La Creations. anne_oohlala@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embroidery on your lovely male card, great design. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the elegance of this card. The shine from the gold is a perfect touch.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Autumn Hues challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This stitched card is fabulous! I have not seen stitched images done like this before so I am so delighted to see how beautiful this stitching is! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, thanks for joining us at the Craftliners Challenge.

    Hugs Wenda

    ReplyDelete